Having the ability to reproduce and make a kid of your own is one of the major happiness in life. From two little cells that are not even visible to the eyes, one can create a human being. It’s like magic!
For most, doing this little magic thing could be as easy as one two three. At the first try, they could easily fertilize an egg then have a baby after nine months.
There are even some who don’t plan for it yet are given babies. But there are unfortunate ones who have tried and tried but still have not been successful even if many months had pass.
These couples who have this situation have a problem that could either come from male or the female.
A lot of infertility problems could be coming from the woman’s part that could have been attributed to her irregularity of menstrual period.
If this happens in a woman, it would be then very difficult for the couple to find the right time that they could successfully fertilize the egg.
But what if the problem is on the man’s behalf? If the problem comes from the male side of the partnership, it is usually attributed to the quality and quantity of his sperm cells.
But unlike with the menstrual cycle irregularity, sperm count problem is usually easy to address to.
So below is a list of causes of decreasing sperm cell count and the ways on how to increase them.
- Nutrition – poor nutrition can cause low sperm cell count. In the process of sperm cell production, it is very important for this process to receive ample amount of nutrient for it to be able to produce sperm cells with good quantity and quality. Vitamins such as Folic acid could help increase sperm cell count.
- Smoking – smoking is one of the causes of low sperm count in men. Nicotine, the chemical agent found in tobaccos, is highly carcinogenic to the sperm cell! It may not alter the quantity of sperm cells produced, but it can change the quality of cells being produced making only a few amounts viable enough to fertilize an egg.
- Heat – high temperatures are one of the many common reasons why there is a decreased sperm cell count in men. The scrotum has a range of temperature so that it could function well. But once it is exposed to heat, it may not be able to produce sperm cells enough to fertilize an egg during a sexual intercourse. Thus it is important for men to avoid exposing their genital area to heat. It is also important that their choice of underwear must not warm their scrotum to avoid heat. Going on sauna baths are highly discouraged to the men who wants to conceive because it could temporarily decrease their sperm cell count for the next seventy days.
The three factors listed above are just the major reasons why there is a decreased sperm cell count in men.
It is therefore important to remember these factors and avoid them if one wishes to increase his sperm cell count in order to fertilize the ovum.
Not being able to reproduce could be one of the many frustrations of couples who are in a relationship and are married.
There are a lot of these types of couples all over the world who have been trying to conceive for the past few months (for some it may be even years!) and yet are not successful with their agenda.
The problem could be coming from the female side where in she could have an irregular menstrual period thus it is hard for them to find the right timing to fertilize the egg.
But, the problem could also come from the male side wherein there is a problem in the sperm cell production.
Decreased sperm cell production is a very important factor on why some couples are having a problem in conceiving a baby.
A decrease in the sperm cell count does not only mean that there is a decrease in number, this could also mean that there is a decrease in the quality of the sperm cells since it is only the morphologically correct and highly motile sperm that could reach the uterus of the female and fertilize an egg.
However, there are a lot of factors that could decrease the sperm cell count in men and even some of these factors could go unnoticeable to most of the population.
One of the major factors that could cause a decrease in sperm cell count is malnutrition. If a man wants to conceive a baby with his wife, he must be healthy enough to produce quality sperm cells.
Therefore, he must need to eat well in order to fulfill his dream of having a kid of his own.
So below are some of the foods that could help increase in sperm cell count.
- Oysters – in a recent study, it was found out that eating oysters are helpful if one wishes to be reproductively successful. The researchers have discovered that consuming ample amount of oysters could boost the testosterone levels in both men and women thus increasing their reproductive capability of producing normal egg and sperm cells.
- Dark Chocolate – chocolates have been one of the favorite foods that every person claims. Everyone seems to love chocolates and would love to eat them for most time of the day. But aside from the feeling of euphoria that these chocolates could pose to a person, it has also an effect on increasing the sperm cell count of men. According to studies, dark chocolates contain the amino acid L-arginine HCL that is a powerful component of the dark chocolates that could boost not only the sperm cell count in men but the semen volume as well.
- Banana – banana is one of the energy-rich foods that one should take if he/she feels hypoglycemic. But did you know that banana also has an effect on the overall sperm production in men? They say that bananas contain bromelain that could help increase in sperm cell production and the sexual stamina as well.
These three are just one of the many food items that one could take in if he wishes to increase his sperm cell count. These foods are simply delicious so try them now and make babies in the future.